i am thrilled to announce that i was nominated for the liebster blog award by the lovely ellie over at typographie. after some initial research and basically an overall understanding from ellie's post, i learned the liebster blog award originated in germany and it's focus is to showcase bloggers with under 200 followers. the word "liebster" is german for favorite, so this is truly an honor. i'm sure many of you have heard about this before, but if not, here are the rules:
→Thank the person that gave you the award and put a link on your post to their blog.
→ List 11 facts about yourself.
→Answer the 11 questions given to you.→ Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.→ Choose nine bloggers with 200 followers or less to nominate.
→ Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them for the award.
eleven facts about me:
1 // i am both native american and irish.
2 // i literally dream of having tattoos including: illustrations of shel silverstein, beatles songs, and salvador dali. all of which have immense meaning to my life. however, i have none of these and probably never will.
3 // i have a scar that stretches from the middle of my right eyelid down the side of my face from a childhood adventure. my eye makeup is never ever symmetrical.
4 // i have traveled to three countries and only a handful of states but am considering a career for cross country traveling doing what i love most.
5 // my guilty pleasure is all things vampires. from anne rice and from dusk til dawn to twilight ( see my trip to forks here ). but most recently, the vampire diaries. i mean, have you seen how beautiful those people are?!
6 // i am a sucker for a good love story. and i will always choose any tear-jerker nicholas sparks book over anything else. oh, and every movie.
7 // in my eyes, mumford and sons are the next biggest thing since the beatles.
8 // i was almost a college athlete until a major back injury. i still enjoy throwing with my dad, if you've seen father of the bride, think their basketball relationship, that's us.
9 // speaking of my parents... they are my strength and foundation. the most important aspect of my life. but i have excessive anxiety about the inevitable, which is losing them someday.
10 // i am a very sentimental person. i keep everything. some of you might call that "hoarding." i'm okay with that!
11 // i am currently obsessed with the tv shows: castle, girls, and sons of anarchy.
eleven questions from ellie:
1) favorite movie // the labyrinth.
2) how would you describe your style? // all over the place. mainly classic or bohemian with a lot of men inspired pieces.
3) how do you feel about technological influence in our day to day lives? // i will say this. i hate seeing a couple out to dinner and they are both glued to their phones. i am guilty of taking pictures and then being distracted by them. however, i started this blog to keep up with family when i moved 600 miles away and i have met so many inspiring friends through Instagram. and continue to every day! so follow me and say hello!
4) what food is your favorite to make? // breakfast everything. i love extravagant weekend brunches.
5) what's your earliest childhood memory? // singing beatles songs with my dad. i've loved singing ever since.
6) what's your favorite thing to do with your best friend? // exploring a new city.
7) what's your favorite time of day? // sunset. the "magic" hour.
8) do you speak the way you write? // sometimes. my mom calls me an old soul and my boyfriend constantly tells me i sound like a character from an old book.
9) what do you do for fun? // head to the woods! i love hiking and camping year round. and documenting every adventure in-between through photographs.
10) are you a layer-er? // i love layering. you can usually find me wearing a tank, thick socks over leggings, and an oversized sweater.
11) what's your favorite subject to write about? // life. questions, frustrations and realizations. it's therapeutic.
eleven questions for my nominees:
1 // who inspires you the most?
2 // what is your dream career?
3 // if you could be any famous figure for a day, who would you be and why?
4 // where is your favorite place on earth?
5 // milkshake or cupcake?
6 // what is your favorite quote?
7 // who is your favorite band?
8 // who is your favorite author?
9 // why made you create your blog?
10 // what is number one on your bucket list?
11 // what is your guilty pleasure?
and my nominees are:
thanks again ellie! and hope you will enjoy following along with a few of my favorite bloggers! xx